Here are the most urgent needs for FOPH funds.
Hospital Staff Identify Capital Needs
A recent review of capital needs at Patan Hospital identified the following items as priorities:
(1) 2 ventilators are needed for the ICU,
(2) an anesthesia machine is needed for the operating theater,
(3) renovation is needed for an elevator in the older part of the hospital,
(4) an otoscope and opthalmoscope are needed for the emergency room, and
(5) a portable X-ray machine is needed for the emergency room.
With help from our donors, FOPH will seek to assist in providing these items.
Replace Corroded Piping
One of the needs of the hospital has been to replace the old galvanized iron pipes of the building with plastic piping. The old pipes have developed leaks which can lead to infections in the hospital.
The pipes on the second floor have been replaced as a result of a gift of piping by Panchkanya Pvt Ltd , one of the two manufacturers of these pipes in Nepal. floor. Since the Simons are matching all money raised in Nepal, they will pay for the cost of new piping on the first floor. But money is needed for changing the piping on the third floor and the Pediatric Ward, and this also requires changing the false ceiling in the Private Ward.
The approximate total cost of this will be about.$15,000.
Renovation of Operating Theatre Complex to accommodate another operating room.
At present we have four operating room in the Operation Theatre. With the addition of ENT department , we will need another operating room.
Approximate cost : $ 50,000.